What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a type of cosmetic surgery that is used to correct the appearance of the nose. Nowadays, it has become common to perform all kinds of facial cosmetic procedures, including rhinoplasty, to fix the appearance of nose defects.
In general, the nose, as the most central part of the face, has a significant effect on the beauty and proportion of the facial components. Therefore, the presence of some external defects can damage the beauty of people and negatively affect their self-confidence. Of course, sometimes external defects such as a crooked nose or deviation of its blade can also affect a person’s breathing.
In this way, fixing such problems will not only help to improve people’s appearance but will also cure breathing disorders.
Reasons For Nose Job Surgery
Applicants for nose job surgery with the aim of repairing the nose after an injury, correcting breathing problems or congenital defects, or because of dissatisfaction with the appearance of the nose, turn to perform this procedure.Possible changes that a nose surgeon can make include the following:
- Changing the size of the nose
- Changing the angle of the nose
- Smoothing the nasal bone
- Changing the shape of the tip of the nose
- Narrowing the nostrils
How much nose job cost in Turkey?
If you’ve been considering rhinoplasty or nose reshaping to improve the beauty and function of your nose, you may be surprised by the costs in the EU, UK, or US. When you compare the costs and quality of services in clinics in Istanbul, Turkey you will see that it is the most affordable and convenient alternative. The average cost of rhinoplasty in Turkey, Turkey is 3500 USD, the minimum cost is 2000 USD and the maximum cost is 7200 USD. for knowing the cost of rhinoplasty in Iran
What Is The Best Age For A Nose Job in Turkey?
The best age for nose surgery is to reach full physical maturity. Also, you should not be too far away from the youth and the period of health and freshness of the facial skin. Usually between 20 and 30 years old is the right age to do rhinoplasty. In this age range, the person has reached full maturity and the facial features are fully developed, the person’s decision is not due to feelings and special circumstances of adolescence, and the skin has not yet lost its elasticity.
Rhinoplasty surgery before reaching full maturity will have very negative effects on the growth of the person’s face in such a way that the person’s face may not be normal in adulthood. Rhinoplasty in the elderly will also face the problem of late recovery.
Rhinoplasty Surgery Techniques
Regardless of the type of rhinoplasty a patient needs, the doctor will use one or two of the following basic techniques to correct the problem:
- Closed Rhinoplasty: In this surgical technique, because all the slits are created inside the nose and there is no need to create a slit in the external area of the nose, it is usually superior to other techniques. In this case, even though the slits are hidden, the surgeon can access most parts of the nose and correct many of its aesthetic and structural problems.
- Open rhinoplasty: Open rhinoplasty gives the surgeon better access to the cartilage and bone of the nose, but with this procedure, some scarring remains on the patient’s nose. In this case, by creating a gap at the end of the middle nasal septum (the area between the two nasal cavities), the doctor can remove the skin of the nose and repair its cartilage. After healing, very limited marks will remain on the skin, which will be hidden under the nose area most of the time.
Why Medical Tourism in Turkey?
Rhinoplasty in Turkey cost
If you’ve been considering rhinoplasty or nose reshaping to improve the beauty and function of your nose, you may be surprised by the costs in the EU, UK, or US.
Best Age For A Nose Job
The best age for nose surgery is to reach full physical maturity. Also, you should not be too far away from the youth and the period of health and freshness of the facial skin.
rhinoplasty surgery time
As with any surgery, rhinoplasty surgery time varies from person to person. Each surgery determines the duration of nose surgery in relation to the nose of the person.
How long does a Rhinoplasty surgery take in Turkey?
As with any surgery, rhinoplasty surgery time varies from person to person. Each surgery determines the duration of nose surgery in relation to the nose of the person. So you should cooperate with your surgeon during the surgery to achieve the ideal shape of your nose .The entire duration of rhinoplasty depends on what needs to be done. Sometimes we see that some surgeries are relatively simple and can be done within an hour. More complex nose jobs naturally take longer. Most surgeries last two to three hours.
Things to Know Before Rhinoplasty
Dos and don’ts before nose surgery:
- 14 days before nose surgery, avoid taking medicines containing aspirin, etc., which thin the blood and increase bleeding.
- Smoking slows the healing process, so it is best to stop smoking two weeks before surgery.
- It is recommended to take vitamins, iron, and minerals two weeks before the surgery; it is necessary to heal the wound.
- Before rhinoplasty, prepare your ice compress.
- Prepare the medications prescribed by your nose surgeon before surgery.
- Prepare vitamins, juice, etc. in advance.
- Take a shower the night before nose surgery and get enough rest.
- Do not eat anything for at least 8 hours before the nose surgery
Things to Know After Rhinoplasty Surgery
Dos and don’ts after nose surgery:
- Use an ice pack for at least one full day after surgery.
- During the first week after surgery, avoid laughing and talking too much.
- Do not wear glasses for 1 month after rhinoplasty.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and heavy activities for 1 month after nose surgery.
- Avoid eating foods that require long chewing and eat soft and liquid foods for 1 week after surgery.
- Avoid swimming and diving for several months after nose surgery.
- To reduce swelling, use two pillows to raise your head for sleeping up to one month after rhinoplasty.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid being in crowded places until the nose is fully formed.
- The final shape of the nose will not be fully determined until a few months after the surgery, so be patient until the swelling of the nose is completely resolved and the final shape of the nose is determined.
- Take the medications prescribed by your nose surgeon as directed and attend the check-up sessions that he specifies and follow all the recommendations and orders of your surgeon.
Types of noses in terms of rhinoplasty common nose job styles:
They are also known as Greek nose, which is one of the most requested types for surgery with low bridge, straight nasal dorsum and a broad base.
In this type of nose, the rounded and large bulb will mostly affect on the balance of other parts of the face.
Roman or aquiline type of noses have obvious curve and excessively prominent nasal bridge that straightening and smoothing the nasal shape by rhinoplasty can make it so different with many extraordinary changes especially for men.
snub or button nose:
This one has some similarities to an upturned nose but in a round shape by the front view.
This shape is called African nose too. Because its more common in the patients who have that background in their genes. In this type we have a wide base, downward nose tip and a long nasal bridge.
The bumpy or flesh noses are common in more than 24% of population and specially in men. These noses are known by their noticeable protrusion which is caused by their irregular bridge on the profile of the nose.
Revision or secondary rhinoplasty is an operation to correct the problems and refine the size, shape, subtle deformities or breathing problems of the previous undergone rhinoplasty.
This surgery is known as the most complicated of all cosmetic procedure because of manifold needed techniques so it is really important to select the right and experienced surgeon which recommends that by revision rhinoplasty your current situation would improve and is a correct option.