clinic and doctor visit
SIM cart and internet
Some women want a labiaplasty because they do not like the look of their labia. But it's completely normal to have noticeable skin folds around the opening of your vagina. In most cases, it does not cause any problems, which is why labiaplasty is rarely available on the Mediranco.
Labiaplasty, or vulval surgery, is a surgical procedure that aims to reduce the size or correct the shape of the labia minora and majora. It is the most popular vaginal surgery and is in high demand.
Who are the best candidates for a labiaplasty in Iran?
- Are 18 years and older
- Are relatively fit and healthy
- Have a healthy BMI
- Have no serious health conditions
- Feel self-conscious about the size or shape of their labia
- Are unhappy with the appearance of their vaginal lips
- Have an overly large or misshapen labia
- Suffered from tears during childbirth that never fully resolved
- Are experiencing discomfort due to tugging or chaffing
- Are finding it difficult or painful to have sexual intercourse
- Cannot do certain activities such as cycling due to discomfort
What should I expect during a consultation for labiaplasty?
The first, and most important thing, to remember when you go to your consultation for labiaplasty, is that your vagina and vulva are not abnormal. They are part of your anatomy and will fall within the spectrum of ‘normal’ that our doctors see on a weekly basis. Some women are born with large, thick or irregular labia. Others may develop large labia after giving birth or as they age. Just because you may not like the look of them, or they may be causing you discomfort, this does not make them abnormal or anything to be ashamed of. Everyone knows that women come in all shapes and sizes, and this is as true for vaginas and vulvas as it is for hips and breasts.
The key point to focus on is that, if it bothers you, we can discuss ways in which something can be done to help, and that is why the consultation is so important. You will meet with one of our surgeons in Mediranco, who will listen to your concerns. The surgeon will examine your genital area to see which procedure would be the most effective.
- Reducing the size of the labia
- Improving any asymmetry where one vaginal lip may droop lower than the other
- Reducing the prominence of your genitals
- Improving your self-esteem.
In summary, if you are unhappy with the way your genitals look then you should not feel shame or embarrassment. Our patient care advisers in Iran will match you with a surgeon that will be able to meet your needs and help with your worries.
- Skin colour irregularities
- Infection: The signs to be aware of include: 1. A fever over 38° C
2. Redness at the incision line, this may begin to spread into the skin around
3. Yellow pus-like or foul-smelling fluid from the wound or drain sites
4. An increase in pain or discomfort that your painkillers cannot resolve.
The surgery is usually performed under general anaesthesia. The labiaplasty surgery in iran takes between 1 to 2 hours and an overnight stay in the hospital is required. The protruding labia are cut down to normal size, following their natural line and all extra fat is taken out.
- Trim labiaplasty: It is the simplest quick and common type of labiaplasty performed where a strip of the excess labia tissue is clamped and removed. The 2 sides are then sutured. It has lower complication rates and recovery time is less.
- Wedge labiaplasty: The wedge method maintains the shape of the labia by making a v shaped or wedge shaped resection in the center of the labia. A small amount of excess tissue is removed. Advantage with this procedure is it maintains the natural labia borders and the scarring is less.
Z-plasty: This method is a modification of the wedge method and has similar indications.
De-epithelialization labiaplasty: This rarely used method reduces the depth of the incisions and helps maintain natural labia edges.
You should stock up on sanitary towels before coming into hospital. This is because you may experience some bleeding for the first few days postoperatively. These should be changed regularly.
Furthermore, you may be a little sore in the first few days after your operation. Because of this, many people find it more comfortable to wear loose baggy clothing after their operation. Therefore, you may wish to make sure you have plenty of comfortable clothing, particularly underwear and trousers.
You may be advised to sleep for the first few days with a pillow underneath your buttocks to elevate the pelvis. You may wish to get extra pillows in preparation for this.
The above are just some ideas of labiaplasty preparation tips. There may be other things that you may wish to do before coming into hospital. But the most important thing is for you to be able to rest and recover after surgery.
You may need to take some time off work to recover. It can take a couple of months for the skin to fully heal.During this time you need to:
- keep the area clean and free from infection
- wear loose underwear and clothes to prevent rubbing
- avoid sex for a few weeks
- use sanitary towels instead of tampons for a few weeks
Your surgeon would give you more specific advice that you should also follow.
Although the results of your labiaplasty in Iran may be noticeable immediately following surgery, it may take up to 6 months for residual swelling to go down completely. Therefore, it may take up to this long for you to appreciate the full cosmetic results.
Scars tend to be pink and slightly raised in the first few weeks after surgery. Eventually, they will fade and be very light lines. To help with your scars healing, it is vital to listen to your surgeon’s post-operative instructions. This way you can achieve optimal results.
Questions You Have About Labiaplasty
“By removing excess sagging tissues, I can give the labia minora a smaller, tighter appearance that looks more youthful. By creating a symmetrical size and shape, I can provide long-term improvement.
They use dissolvable stitches, so it makes your next day appointment quick and easy. The stitches should last for 2 to 4 weeks, and you should be able to resume all of your everyday activities and exercises by week 6.
Most women who undergo labiaplasty do it after they are finished having children, but the ultimate decision is up to you. Labiaplasty will not affect your ability to have children at all.