clinic and doctor visit
SIM cart and internet
Before & After Photos
Are you considering gastric sleeve surgery because you've tried diets and exercise for years and still have a lot of weight to lose? You'll want to know the risks and advantages, what makes someone a good candidate for the operation, and what long-term commitments you need to make to keep the results.
The Gastric Sleeve Surgery (or Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) is a bariatric procedure that removes 75-80% of the stomach. It is now the most commonly performed bariatric procedure in Iran and worldwide.
AM I A good CANDIDATE FOR GASTRIC SLEEVE?
You are a good candidate if your BMI is above 35. People w`ith a BMI between 32 and 35 can also have the acceptability for gastric sleeve if they have hard comorbidities such as high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea. That shown, the best candidates for gastric sleeve are those with a BMI over 40. If you have decided to have a gastric sleeve surgery, consult with a consultant and discuss your overall health condition.Mediranco’s medical consultants help you choose the best type of weight loss surgery by analyzing your medical documents and photos.
What will you do in consultation?
Have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder?
Are you on prednisone for any reason?
What exercise plans have you used?
What is your diet history?
As part of your diet history, we need to know the names of diets you’ve followed, when you were on each one, and how much weight you lost during the diet.
Risks and safety of gastric sleeve
- Technically, the Gastric Sleeve is a much simpler surgery. The operating time for gastric sleeve is usually 40-70 minutes, while gastric bypass surgery takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
- There is a much lower chance for nutrient or vitamin deficiency with the Gastric Sleeve procedure. In addition, there is no mal-absorption for Gastric Sleeve patients.
- Some long-term complications could occur with the Gastric Bypass patients including bowel obstruction, marginal ulcer, and internal hernias. The chance of Gastric Sleeve patients developing these complications is exceedingly rare.
As with any major surgery, sleeve gastrectomy poses potential health risks, both in the short term and long term.Risks associated with the sleeve gastrectomy can include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clots
- Lung or breathing problems
- Leaks from the cut edge of the stomach
Gastric sleeve procedure steps
1. Small incisions are made in the abdominal wall for the insertion of small trocars
2. The stomach is inspected. The blood vessels to the lateral side of stomach are divided.
3. A Bougie tube is inserted into the stomach and serves as a sizer for the size of the new stomach.
4. The stapler is used to divide the stomach into two parts.
5. Continuous firing of the stapler is used to divide the stomach.
6. The stomach is completely divided into two parts.
7. The new banana shaped stomach has about 20-25% of original stomach volume.
How you prepare
If you qualify for sleeve gastrectomy, your health care team gives you instructions on how to prepare for surgery. You may need to have various lab tests and exams before surgery.
Before your surgery, give your doctor a list of all medicines, vitamins, minerals, and herbal or dietary supplements you take. You may have restrictions on eating and drinking and which medications you can take.
If you take blood-thinning medications, talk with your doctor before your surgery. Because these medications affect clotting and bleeding, your blood-thinning medication routine may need to be changed.
If you have diabetes, talk with the doctor who manages your insulin or other diabetes medications for specific instructions on taking or adjusting them after surgery.
Diet after Gastric Sleeve Surgery in iran
Right after the surgery
Right after the surgery a patient should consume only clear liquids. Sugar should be avoided as it may contribute to a dumping syndrome, which is caused by a rapid influx of sugars. Coffee may worsen acid reflux and thus should be limited to a minimum as well. Carbonated drinks should not be consumed as they cause gas formation. While still at the clinic, the patient will be introduced to pureed food and low-fat yoghurt. Pureed diet is advised for approximately six weeks after surgery.
Six weeks after surgery
During this period the patient is advised to consume baby food or homemade vegetable and lean meat purees, low-fat yoghurt without chunks, protein shakes, homemade clear broth. Baked and pureed apples, peaches or pears may be introduced as a snack, but preferably consumed in the first part of the day, as fruit are high in sugars. If not enough proteins are consumed with foods, protein powder may be added to the purees. Coffee or tea intake should be limited to no more than two cups per day. Water intake should be at least 1.5 liter of water a day. Remember to always eat slowly and chew well. Every meal should last at least 20 minutes.
When still on pureed foods, the patient should stick to unseasoned, caffeine-free, sugar-free, low-fat pureed products. Protein intake should be increased on week three. The patient may continue drinking protein shakes and introduce boiled or cooked eggs, jarred baby foods, pureed fish and avocados, hummus, mashed bananas, and other non-fibrous fruits.
After a month
After a month semi-solid foods may slowly be added and gradually transitioned into solid foods. Well-cooked chicken, fish and vegetables, sweet potatoes, low-fat dairy products, and low-sugar cereal are favorable choices, firstly roughly mashed with a fork. The patient should still avoid high-fat products, steaks, fibrous fruits, white potatoes, and other high-carb options. Caffeine should be reintroduced with moderation.
Note that the results of the procedure depend on one’s willingness to acquire and maintain healthy eating habits. From the fifth week forward the patient may introduce new foods and keep the emphasis on lean protein and vegetables. Sugary sweets and drinks should still be avoided. Learn to notice the difference between emotional binging and true hunger. Do not forget to keep hydrated.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Results
You can get the best gastric sleeve surgery results by the assistance of continued exercise and a healthy approach to eating, many patients who have undergone a gastric sleeve lose more than half of their excess weight and are able to keep it off. Moreover, a lower weight means better health and a longer, happier life. A “large population study comparing mortality rates of bariatric and non-bariatric patients found a greater than 90 percent reduction in death associated with diabetes and a greater than 50 percent reduction in death from heart disease.”
How much does the gastric sleeve cost in Iran?
Is A Lower Price Always Better?
There are a lot of criteria when choosing gastric sleeve surgery in Iran. Where will you have your surgery? Who will be your surgeon? And how much are you willing to pay for sleeve surgery in Iran ? All of these questions play a role in your final decision to have gastric sleeve surgery in Iran. And sleeve surgery cost in Iran is just a factor – not the only factor. Gastric sleeve surgery in Iran is a major procedure and you do not want to sacrifice surgeon skill over price.
Does A Lower Price Mean My Surgeon Is Less Skilled?
A low price does not show your surgeon is less skilled than a higher priced surgeon. Many times the sleeve surgery cost in Iran is set by the hospital and the surgeon can choose to take advantage of that pricing or increase his/her price. Some surgeons prefer to offer their patients the lowest possible price because they feel this brings in more patients and the increased number of patients deposit any loss in price per patients.
Post-op Gastric Sleeve Surgery Costs in Iran There are not many costs after gastric sleeve surgery in Iran. Unlike the Lap Band, you will not need regular adjustments from your surgeon to ensure the proper ‘tightness.’ Below are a few important points to keep in mind.
• Nutritionist appointments cost depends on your home nutritionist prices, often the necessary orders negotiated before and after surgery.
• Compared to gastric bands, there is very little required follow-up with gastric sleeve.
• Post op follow-up visits with your bariatric surgeon are typically free.
• Complications can be extremely expensive. But they will be considered in your pre-op consultation session and you will be informed about them and how to treat them.
Gastric Sleeve surgery Cost Iran vs UK?
Weight loss surgery cost in Iran can be affordable for many especially those who aren’t applicable to have the surgery on the NHS. Gastric sleeve NHS criteria state certain criteria that a patient must fit to receive the treatment. For example the cost of gastric sleeve surgery in Iran is up to 70% less than the UK. That means you can save thousands of pounds just by travelling to Iran. The procedure is exactly the same using the same products adhering to all medical standards required. Also Surgeons in Iran are well qualified and experienced. Many of them being the leading surgeons in their field.
Gastric sleeve cost in Iran different from clinic to clinic. Some clinics may have higher running costs or other business fees. This might mean they increase their prices in general to take into account these extra costs. Also other clinics or hospitals may have charitable backing or government funding meaning they can offset some of the cost to the patient. All these and many more factors can increase or decrease the gastric sleeve pricing for weight loss surgery worldwide.
What is important to remember is that the gastric sleeve cost in Iran when compared to the UK can be huge. These savings shouldn’t be missed when considering bariatric surgery of this kind. You could use that saving with post weight loss procedures such as arm lift surgery, tummy tuck surgery, thigh lift surgery, neck lift surgery, breast lift surgery and face lift surgery.
With Mediranco, you are sure to be referred only to qualified and accredited partner clinics with expert doctors. You will be in direct contact with the treating physicians. You can request a Free quote or set a date for your bariatric consultation in Iran.
Sleeve surgery cost in Iran vs USAOne of the challenges with gastric sleeve surgery in USA is its high cost. If you do not have insurance coverage for this procedure in the US or Canada, it may be difficult for you to pay all the costs out of pocket. Cost is often one of the most significant factors in the decision to travel to Iran for gastric sleeve surgery. the average sleeve surgery cost in Iran will range from around 3000 to $4000 depending on the procedure. Bariatric Surgery Source also reports that a non-insured weight loss surgery patient in the U.S. can expect to pay about $8,250 for a gastric balloon surgery up to about $24,300 for gastric bypass surgery. In addition to the cost of the surgery, patients heading out of the country should also calculate costs associated with travel. Usually, most surgery procedures in Iran will include lodging at a hotel, as well as all pre-operative evaluations and post-operative medications and instructions. It’s wise to get a medical tourism insurance policy, too, to protect yourself if any medical complications arise.
However, the sunny news is that you can undergo gastric sleeve surgery as a medical tourist at a big reduction of the cost in your home country. You can choose a highly qualified, experienced, and board certified bariatric surgeon in Iran who will charge a much lower prices than most surgeons in the US. The hospital charges at a certified Iran hospital or bariatric center would also be much cheaper than an average US hospital.
Why is Iran a popular destination for sleeve surgery?
1. Reasonable Pricing in Iran: Fair sleeve surgery cost in Iran is one of the main factors which is quite important to patients as heavier cost of treatments becomes a burden for patients. People migrate from their country to some popular medical destinations in search of low and affordable medical treatment. Iran is one destination that offers budget-friendly, high-quality medical care as compared to countries offering quality medical treatment at higher rates. The main reason responsible is highly-experienced medical personnel, quality-oriented medical care and the tourist attractions Iran offers, make it a go-to medical destination for medical tourists worldwide.
2. Advanced Treatment Options in Iran: In the healthcare industry, quality is a key factor and cannot be ignored. Iran is one such medical destination where healthcare institutions take care of their patients seriously. In Iran, hospitals and medical care institutions are equipped with high-quality equipment and advanced treatment techniques. Iran offers the best health care as promised.
3. Bundle of Treatment and Vacation in Iran: While it can be difficult to vacation in our busy lives, it is a smart idea to bundle up treatment and vacation. The asian country offers both based on its rich history, ancient landmarks, the beautiful architecture along with favorable climatic conditions. There are many cities in Iran that are proper for treatment as well as vacation, such as Tehran,Shiraz,Isfahan,Mashhad where you can enjoy nature’s beauty and discover many ancient monuments. Therefore, while getting treated, vacationing in such a wonderful country is an opportunity not to be missed.