Iran,The correct destination
All of your expectations are lived up as a perfect medical tourism destination. World-class hospital and medical centers, expert medical staff and surgeons, affordable prices and high quality services are the simple thing you need. All these positive matters in consideration of regular flights to all around the world, touristic facilities and amazing attractions, make Iran as the best medical tourism destination. Let’s check it out together and invite you to Iran. All patients must understand that surgery is an art and a science. Cosmetic surgical procedures have been repeated successfully countless times and are dependable when executed by skillful, experienced surgeons that I can assure you Iranian physicians are some of the most qualified in this field. ISPAS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) 2016 report (which only includes official surgeries statistics) shows Iran is in the top four countries performing rhinoplasty. Iran has the highest rate of rhinoplasty per person; about 1% of the world’s population resides in Iran while more than 4% of worldwide rhinoplasty are performing here and it’s growing.
All of your expectations are lived up as a perfect medical tourism destination. World-class hospital and medical centers, expert medical staff and surgeons, affordable prices and high quality services are the simple thing you need. All these positive matters in consideration of regular flights to all around the world, touristic facilities and amazing attractions, make Iran as the best medical tourism destination. Let’s check it out together and invite you to Iran.
Mediranco is a brand that you can trust
We accompany and support you in all steps. free consultation, visa facilities, accommodation and after operation follow up are some of our services for patients who trust us. We prepare multilingual support center to help you in proper language and complete transfer reach all locations that you need easily. We fulfill your needs proudly. Mediranco is a brand that you can trust. We cooperate with medical qualified professionals to ensure that our patients experience the highest quality service possible. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do and as a result, we’ve formed a carefully designed patient journey to ensure that each client who walks through our doors is treated with the best care available. We only cooperate with high-quality, internationally accredited clinics and hospitals in Iran, ensuring the quality of care before, during and after your treatment regardless of the procedure you’ll be undergoing. We do our best for you to be healthy at first and enjoyable travel to the beautiful Iran, we prepare all facilities to be comfortable and relax.
We accompany and support you in all steps. free consultation, visa facilities, accommodation and after operation follow up are some of our services for patients who trust us. We prepare multilingual support center to help you in proper language and complete transfer reach all locations that you need easily. We cooperate with medical qualified professionals to ensure that our patients experience the highest quality service possible. We fulfill your needs proudly.
ELBOW REPLACEMENT IN IRAN
Elbow replacement in Iran is popular among patients suffering from an injury of the elbow. There are many reasons that make Iran one of the most popular destinations for elbow replacement and the unparalleled quality of treatment offered by the top hospitals in the country is one of the leading reasons.
If a disease such as rheumatoid arthritis or an injury has harmed your elbow, your doctor may recommend surgery to replace the joint, so you have less pain and can move better.
During elbow replacement in iran, a surgeon replaces your elbow with an artificial joint made from two implants that attach to the bones in your arm. A metal and plastic hinge joins the implants together.The procedure is similar to hip and knee replacements.
You want a surgeon who has a lot of experience. Ask Mediranco’s experts for referrals. You may also want to check with the professional association of iranian Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons.
Types of Elbow Replacement Surgeries in Iran
Basically, there are four types of elbow replacement surgeries that are performed in Iran. Different prosthetic joints are available to replace either a portion of the joint or to replace the whole joint, depending on the condition of the patient.
- Tennis elbow replacement surgery: Tennis elbow, also called lateral epicondylitis, is required in the case of patients with small tears of ligaments that attach the forearm muscles to the arm bone in the elbow joint. This is the most common procedure available in Iran for patients with an elbow joint pain. During the surgery, the damaged tendon area is located and an incision is made over the outer surface of the joint.
- Elbow arthritis replacement surgery: Elbow arthritis surgery, also known as elbow debridement, is performed in patients with significant damage to the elbow due to arthritis. Back of the elbow is incised deep enough to remove all the bone spurs and loose debris that are causing a hindrance in the elbow movement.
- Arthroscopic Elbow Replacement Surgery: In this procedure, small incisions are made over the elbow to insert the instruments with the help of a small camera. The incision is made so that the damaged part of the elbow joint can be replaced. This surgery is conducted to remove loose bodies, joint capsules, and bone spurs. In some cases, it is also used to review the cartilage damage.
- Total Elbow Replacement Surgery: This surgical procedure involves the insertion of the prosthetic joint in place of the damaged one after removing the scar tissues and balancing the muscles. The backside of the elbow joint is incised to remove the tendons and ligaments so that the damaged joint is exposed for replacement surgery. Then, the joint surfaces of humerus, radius, and ulna and replaced with a prosthesis.
The surgical procedure may take two to four hours, depending on the type of surgery that the patient is scheduled to undergo. The hospital stay may vary from four to seven days, depending on the type of surgery conducted and the recovery of the patient.
What Are the Risks?
The most common complications are:
- Injury to nerves and blood vessels
- Allergic reaction to the artificial joint
- Broken bone
- Stiffness or instability of the joint
- Loosening or wearing of the artificial parts
- Weakness or failure in the tendons of your arm
There are risks because of the anesthesia, such as an allergic reaction to those medicines and breathing problems. As with any surgery, bleeding and blood clots are possible, too.
Recovery After Elbow Replacement Surgery
- Elbow replacement surgery takes about 2 hours. You’ll get anesthesia, so you won’t be “awake” for it. You’ll need to stay in the hospital for up to 4 days.
- After the operation, you’ll have stitches and a bandage on your new elbow. You may also need to keep your arm in a splint to keep it stable while it heals.
- Because elbow replacement involves cutting skin, tendons, and bone, you’ll need strong pain medications after surgery. You’ll also take pain meds for 1 to 2 weeks after you go home from the hospital.
- It will take time to get used to your new elbow. For instance, you won’t be able to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee for 6 weeks after surgery. It’s a good idea to line up help ahead of time.
- You’ll learn simple exercises and other types of physical therapy to help your arm get stronger and move better. You’ll do “range of motion” exercises, such as bending and straightening your arm.
Benefits of Elbow Replacement Surgery in iran
A patient with a damaged elbow is expected to enjoy the following benefits after the elbow replacement surgery in iran:
Elbow Replacement Surgery Cost in Iran
It is a well-known fact that Iran is recognized internationally for providing the best medical care at the lowest prices. Similarly, elbow replacement cost in Iran is much cheaper than any other leading healthcare destinations in the world.
Elbow replacement cost in Iran, however, varies from one hospital to the other depending on its location, infrastructure, food facilities, and duration of the stay in the hospital. Variation in the overall treatment cost also depends upon the initial consultation charges, surgeon’s fees, the cost of diagnostic tests and other medical facilities, and the need for any side procedure.
The quality of the implant, consumables, and prosthesis used in the surgery also affect the elbow replacement surgery cost in Iran. If the items used in the surgery are imported, then the overall cost of the surgery may differ considerably.
Despite all the above factors, the average cost of elbow replacement in Iran remains considerably less than in other countries. The cost-saving attracts not only patients from the Western countries but also the ones from developing countries who have no access to high-quality joint replacement procedures.
It is estimated that patients can save up to 60 to 80 percent of the overall cost by choosing to get treatment in Iran than any other Western country around the world.