What is done in rhinoplasty? Rhinoplasty procedure steps
Rhinoplasty procedure steps : With the technique of rhinoplasty, the shape of the nose can be changed in different ways. For example, you can make the nose bigger or smaller or change the angle of the nose in relation to the upper lip. Rhinoplasty surgery can also adjust the tip of the nose, and correct depressions, ridges, and other unwanted imperfections. This surgery can be performed both for medical reasons such as improving breathing conditions and for cosmetic purposes.
Rhinoplasty is a suitable option for people who have open nose nostrils, so that fundamental changes can be made in the appearance of their noses. Other disadvantages that can be improved with rhinoplasty include drooping of the tip of the nose, the bifurcation of the tip of the nose, reducing the long distance between the tip of the nose and the face, improving the deformities that result after nose surgery, improving the hump of the nose, improving wide noses and the size of the hole.
In this surgery, an incision is made inside the nostrils. In some cases, this incision is made outside and below the nose. This method is used in cases where there is a need to transplant cartilage to the tip of the nose or change the shape of the tip of the nose.
After the surgery, in some cases, a metal or plastic splint is placed on the nose. Tampons or plastic splints are placed inside the nostrils to fix the septum in place and keep the nasal passages separate from each other.
Step by step of hinoplasty - Rhinoplasty procedure steps
In this article, we intend to provide useful information about the steps of nose surgery to you, who are applying for rhinoplasty surgery, so that you can get the best experience from doing it without any worries.
The first step: choosing a nose surgeon
The first and most important step for nose surgery is choosing a good and experienced surgeon; because the nose surgeon has a significant impact on the result of rhinoplasty.
There are different ways to choose a rhinoplasty surgeon, one of the most common of which is to ask friends and acquaintances, after making a list of the best nose surgeons, research the education level, work history, etc., as well as previous photos. And see after the surgery for a better decision.
After choosing a nose surgeon, go to his office for a consultation and initial visit and tell the surgeon your expectations from the operation so that he can guide you properly. Pay attention to the fact that he has reasonable expectations from the nose surgery.
Also, talk to the surgeon about the rhinoplasty procedure steps during the consultation session so that he can guide you properly.
The second step: performing procedures before rhinoplasty
In this section of the rhinoplasty procedure steps article, we want to discuss the things that you should follow before going to the operating room.
- Be sure to complete the tests prescribed by the nose surgeon and show them to the surgeon along with the radiology photo for nose surgery.
- Try not to smoke for two weeks before rhinoplasty.
- In case you are allergic to a drug or are using a specific drug, inform the nose surgeon.
The night before surgery
In this section, you will learn about the steps to take the night before the operation.
- The person should take a bath the night before nose surgery, because he cannot take a bath for some time after rhinoplasty.
- Fast about 6-8 hours before the operation so that the stomach is empty during the operation.
- Be sure to have an open front dress with you to wear after rhinoplasty, because you can't wear it from the top because of the surgery. So prepare the necessary equipment before the operation.
The third step: before going to the operating room
- On the day of nose surgery, a person must be present at the clinic as a companion about an hour before the appointed time.
- After the person enters the operating room and wears special clothes, he is ready for nose surgery.
- The anesthesiologist prepares the patient for the operation in less than 1 minute.
The fourth stage: surgical procedures in the operating room
In this section of the rhinoplasty procedure steps article, After anesthetizing the patient, the surgeon chooses one of the open or closed surgery methods according to the defects in the nose and the patient's expectations from the nose job and then applies the required changes on the patient's nose.
After applying the changes, the skin will be put back in its place and will be bandaged with stitches and placing a splint.
Then the person will be transferred to the recovery room and after gaining the necessary consciousness, he will be transferred to the ward.
The person will be discharged after 4 to 6 hours if he is in normal condition.
In the following, we describe this section in detail:
1- The first step is anesthesia
Before rhinoplasty, the person is anesthetized to feel comfortable during the procedure. In some special cases, local anesthesia can be used, but in most cases, the person is completely unconscious. For the type of anesthesia, the best choices are suggested to the patient.
2- The second step is to create a cut
Rhinoplasty is done in two ways; open and close. In the closed method, the incisions are inside the nose and are hidden. But in the open method, the incisions are under the nasal septum. During this operation, the skin stretched over the nasal bone and nasal cartilage is gently removed and the nasal structure is reshaped.
3- The third stage is to change the structure of the nose
A part of the bones and cartilage of the nose is removed in noses that have big sizes. Sometimes during rhinoplasty, a cartilage graft is needed. In most cases, the cartilage of the nasal septum is used, or in certain cases, the cartilage of the ear is used.
4- The fourth stage is nasal septum correction
In this section of the rhinoplasty procedure steps article, If the nasal septum is crooked, it will be corrected during the rhinoplasty. In this way, after surgery and full recovery, the person's breathing improves.
5- The fifth step is to correct the tip of the nose
If the tip of the nose is large and droopy, it is necessary to correct the tip of the nose at this stage. In this way, the tip of the nose changes and finds a suitable angle with the upper lip.
6- The sixth step is to stitch the nose after surgery
When the structure of the nose is formed and the defects are removed, the skin of the nose is placed on the nose and the incisions are closed and sutured.
7- The seventh stage is the splint on the nose
For the first few days after rhinoplasty, a nasal splint or cast is placed on the nose to protect the nose. This time is so important and the candid should take certain measures during the recovery. In the following, we mention the care needed during recovery.
Rhinoplasty can be done with local or general anesthesia. This choice depends on the preference of the surgeon and the form of the surgery. In local anesthesia, as the name suggests, an anesthetic ampoule is injected into the surgical area and makes the person a little weak. But it does not make the patient sleep.
General anesthesia, on the other hand, is done by injecting anesthetic through a vein and temporarily renders the person unconscious.
After surgery, the patient is transferred to the recovery room and is monitored.
The fifth stage: the first day after nose surgery
Another important thing that we should mention in rhinoplasty procedure steps, is the day after rhinoplasty.
- For the first few hours after the operation, the patient will have slight nausea and dizziness, which he should not worry about because it is a normal problem.
- Sometimes, in the first hours after the surgery, the patient may feel a cold and sore throat, which is caused by the use of the anesthetic during the operation, and in this regard, drinking warm liquids can help.
- Try to rest well for the first few days after rhinoplasty.
- Start eating about 4 hours after the operation, because after this period the effect of the anesthetics decreases.
- Start eating watery foods.
- Try to use a cold compress in the first days after surgery to reduce swelling and swelling. You can also speed up this process by drinking celery juice.
The sixth step: What should be done after nose surgery?
One of the other things that we consider in rhinoplasty procedure steps, is care after nose surgery; because by following this care accurately and correctly, a person can achieve the ideal result of the cosmetic procedure.
- After the operation, a tampon will not be placed inside the patient's nose, so blood will come out of his nose for two days (48 hours) after the operation. The patient should not use paper towels repeatedly to clean these blood vessels; Because this work causes pollution and the best way for this purpose is to use sterile gas.
- During the first days after the operation, the patient should put some pillows under his waist and sleep in a semi-sitting position; so that his head and chest are above the level of his feet.
- It should also be noted that after the operation, people should only sleep on their back for 2-3 weeks and avoid sleeping on their stomach and side.
- Note that swelling and bruising will increase up to 72 hours after the operation and will gradually decrease from the fourth day onwards.
- After nose surgery, be careful not to get the nasal plaster wet.
- Be sure to visit your nose surgeon to remove the nasal cast and apply the nasal tape.
- Avoid going to crowded places after nose surgery because your nose may be hurt.
- Use the medicines prescribed by the nose surgeon completely and on time.
- To check the result before and after the rhinoplasty, be sure to take photos after the rhinoplasty surgery.
Rhinoplasty Recovery Steps of the rhinoplasty procedure steps
Recovery steps, as a part of rhinoplasty surgery steps, play an important role in achieving a favorable result. If you are looking to have surgery, you should know that one of the questions you probably have is when you will be able to see the results of your rhinoplasty. We know you are excited to see your new nose, but you also need to understand that post-operative recovery is inevitable as part of rhinoplasty surgery.
The duration of swelling in the nose will be longer. The doctor will provide you with instructions that you can follow to have a successful surgery and direct your healing process on a straight path.
First stage: one week after surgery
One week after rhinoplasty, the doctor will remove your nasal splint. The entire structure of your nose is swollen and large, and you still can't see the overall profile of your nose or know if your hump has been removed or not. At this point, you will experience mild bruising. Many patients at this stage are very excited to see the profile of their noses.
Second stage: three to four weeks after nose surgery
Three to four weeks after rhinoplasty surgery, most of the remaining swelling has subsided. The doctor can see the shape of your nose structure more clearly at this stage, but it is not possible to see details at this stage. At this stage, the nose shows its shape more and more, and the patient is more surprised to see the new and beautiful shape of his nose. But remember that you still have a long way to go to see the final result.
Third stage: three months after surgery
In the third month after rhinoplasty, the fine details of your new nose become more apparent. At this stage, you can see how delicately and accurately your doctor has changed the shape of your nose, created facial harmony, and balanced your facial features. After three months, most patients no longer need to participate in follow-up sessions, because their desired results from rhinoplasty have been achieved.
Fourth stage: the following months
Your doctor will examine your nose on an as-needed basis in the sixth, twelfth, or twenty-fourth month after rhinoplasty. In the sixth month after cosmetic surgery, the sides of the nose and its tip become more attractive and show their beauty better. One year after rhinoplasty, there is no more swelling left and your new nose has gained its perfect shape.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the pursuit of a captivating and aesthetically pleasing smile, many individuals turn to dentistry services…