Is rhinoplasty worth it?
Is rhinoplasty worth it? The answer to this question depends on various factors and is not easy to be answered. The most important factor is the patient's expectations. So if you want to have rhinoplasty try to enhance your information and then make a surly decision. In this article, we try to give you all the necessary information about rhinoplasty. At first, try to read the article completely, and then if you think there is anything else to add or your questions are not answered, ask our experts in the Mediranco group. Our team tries to answer all of your necessities as soon as it's possible.
what is rhinoplasty ?
At first , Before answering this question " Is rhinoplasty worth it? " you must know what rhinoplasty is exactly. Rhinoplasty is a type of surgical process mostly done for enhancing the appearance of the nose. Some patients also refer to rhinoplasty as a "nose job." Although nowadays rhinoplasty is done mostly for cosmetic reasons, some patients undergo rhinoplasty for their breathing problems and medical reasons. Rhinoplasty is utilized to fix some structural problems that cause breathing more difficult. Based on Statistics the most common plastic surgery is rhinoplasty worldwide. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) mentioned that in 2020, surgeons performed 352,555 rhinoplasty operations only in the United States.
Why do people undergo rhinoplasty?
People may undergo rhinoplasty operations to change the physical appearance of their nose and achieve a specific facial profile that can make them satisfied and more confident. Although rhinoplasty is now performed mostly for aesthetic goals, it may be done for medical causes like septum deviations and ...
Rhinoplasty may be utilized to change:
- The side of the nose in relation to the face
- The width of the nose
- Visible depressions or bumps on the bridge of the nose
- The tip of the nose
- The shape and width of the nostrils
- The symmetry of the nasal passages
There were various reasons for the aesthetic goals of rhinoplasty but as it was mentioned before there might be medical causes.
Medical reasons are:
- Nasal abnormalities: A surgeon is able to perform surgeries in order to enhance a cleft lip and palate using rhinoplasty.
- Nasal obstruction: Structural abnormalities in the nose can cause obstruction in the nasal passages. Although most doctors may prefer performing septoplasty as the surgical method, a surgeon may prefer to utilize septoplasty alongside a rhinoplasty.
- Deviated septum: A deviated septum is one of the most common reasons for the shortness and difficulties in breathing related to the structure of the nose. Rhinoplasty can help to produce better alignment of the nasal structure, which can enhance your normal breathing.
- Trauma or injury to the nose: Rhinoplasty is a good method to reshape the nose after having different types of injuries.
- Complications from a failed primary rhinoplasty: A person can ask for another rhinoplasty to correct a previous rhinoplasty problem.
As it is Cristal clear you may choose to have rhinoplasty due to various reasons. If you are not sure about making decisions you can use Mediranco's free online consultation. First of all, you should evaluate if you are a suitable Igor having rhinoplasty or not.
methods of rhinoplasty Is rhinoplasty worth it?
The other common question which is mostly asked is about various methods of rhinoplasty. In this article we want to discuss two main methods and also know more about the pros and cons of each method. These two methods are opened and closed rhinoplasty, first of all, the closed method is more common these days.
In closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nostrils also known as marginal incisions. It is through these tiny marginal incisions that alterations to the shape and contour of the nose are performed. Closed rhinoplasty is perfect for reducing the swelling and rehabilitation time and is most common among patients who require less significant nose reshaping. If you are worried about scars of the rhinoplasty incisions, a good method is a closed type. But don't forget that the chosen method is depending on your expectations and nose structure.
Advantages of closed rhinoplasty are :
- Less invasive process
- Less visible scarring
- Reduced rehabilitation time
- Less swelling and bruising following operation
- Shorter operating time
Disadvantages of the closed nose job:
- Anything more than subtle reshaping may not be possible, so it is not very common in rhinoplasties with medical goals
- It can be more difficult for the surgeon to examine the anatomy of the nose, you have to choose a skillful surgeon in order to decrease any side effects
- Revision surgery can be limited and may be changed to open surgery
The other method is opened type and in this approach, the marginal incisions made in the closed approach are repeated. In addition, an incision is made across the bridge of your nose tissue (the tissue that connects the two nostrils at the bottom of the nose and in medical terms is known as the columella). This incision joins the marginal incisions made at the first of the operation. The open approach forms an envelope of tissue that can be folded upwards to expose the nasal cartilage and bone and it's better to say it gives the surgeon perfect access. The surgeon is then able to look over all of the anatomies of the nose and perform the precise reshaping procedure.
Although open rhinoplasty involves making some visible incisions on the external of the nose and scarring is much more possible, with excellent surgery and postoperative care these incisions often heal well. Your surgeon may also ask you to consume anti-scarring creams in the place of the stitches and this may help you faster and completer rehabilitation. It's better to know that even unhealed scarring from open rhinoplasty would not be easily seen since it would be located on the underside of your nose.
Advantages of the open method:
- Less invasive operation surgeon performs to evaluate the anatomy of the nose in more detail
- The nature of the operation allows for more precise techniques
- It is possible to make more significant changes to the shape of the nose
- It is possible to make changes to the tip of the nose if it is necessary
Disadvantages of opened method:
- The potential for visible scarring
- Longer operating time
- More swelling and bruising after the surgery
Is nose job recovery painful? Is rhinoplasty worth it?
The other factor which patients may be afraid of is pain. About this issue, it's better to mention that most of the rhinoplasty volunteers have not any problem with the pain and they evaluate their pain score at about 2_3. During the process, you will not feel any pain or discomfort because anesthesia is utilized. Based on the chosen method or your health condition general or local anesthesia is used.
- General anesthesia – involves utilizing anesthetic agents to render a patient unconscious and unable to feel any discomfort. A tube will be inserted into the windpipe to assist the patient to breathe and this is known as intubation. A specialist anesthetist is present during the operation to monitor all the vital signs of the patient.
- Local anesthesia and sedation – involve the administration of a local anesthetic agent to prevent pain and discomfort feeling alongside a combination of medicines to make the patient feel comfortable.
Each method contains various advantages and disadvantages and the decision on which type of anesthesia is best should be considered on an individual basis.
Iran is a very suitable destination for rhinoplasty operations
In Iran, you can have all your necessities for having a safe and effective rhinoplasty. Highly-experienced surgeons, modern clinics and hospitals, and affordable costs make Iran a very suitable destination for rhinoplasty operations. Iran is well-known for its rhinoplasty and due to the huge number of volunteers is known as the "nose job capital of the world."
Moreover, Iran is a perfect country with a great culture and great people. A brief look at the testimonial videos of Mediranco's rhinoplasty patients who had their nose job done in Iran will tell why Iran is a great country for your rhinoplasty operation. Mediranco prepares all the arrangements instead of you, like helping you choose the best rhinoplasty surgeon, get a visa for staying in Iran, booking flight tickets and accommodations, managing time for picking you up from the airport, transferring you to a reserved hotel and hospital, assigning a personal interpreter to you to help you communicate with your surgeon, providing post-operative care in your rehabilitation time and...
cost of rhinoplasty in Iran - Is rhinoplasty worth it?
The other important factor that makes Iran suitable to choose from is the prices. Based on statistics in 2021 average cost of rhinoplasty in Iran ranges from $1,200 to $2,500 depending on the surgeon's reputation and level of expertise, the complexity of the operation, and similar issues. It's important to note that highly up-to-date devices and efficient offers are provided in Iran's specialized clinics.
Mediranco is the best Health Tourism Facilitator Company in Iran
Is rhinoplasty worth it? You can ask Mediranco's professional team about planning your medical journey and evaluating the costs. We try to provide all necessities for our beloved patients. You can also see our brilliant offers in other medical terms on Mediranco's website. Our goal in the Mediranco team is to make all medical and aesthetic services accessible for all patients at affordable prices. Your satisfaction is the only thing we really care about.
Body contouring refers to a set of procedures designed to sculpt and shape the body, often involving the…
Breastfeeding is a beautiful and natural process that fosters a strong bond between a mother and her child…