Generally, we do not consider our ears to play a significant role in our appearance. Seldom judged, they remain insignificant unless they are unappealing, protruding or big. If your ears are prominent and look abnormal, they may blemish your entire look, casting a shadow on your overall pleasant appearance.Don't worry about it with the best Iranian specialists and surgeons in Mediranco, but read through everything you need to know in this section beforehand.
What Is Otoplasty?
Otoplasty is Ear Cosmetic Surgery and has become fairly common in both adults and children. It is performed to change the position and shape of the ears. In other words, it makes your ears appear less protruding.
If you or your child has disproportionately large ears - which make you feel embarrassed, otoplasty in iran can be a solid permanent cosmetic solution. However, before you make the decision of undergoing this procedure, it is essential that you weigh its pros and cons to determine whether it is worth it or not.
Pros of Otoplasty1. Otoplasty is not different from any other reconstructive cosmetic surgery. The aim here is to enhance your facial appearance. If your ears are large and appear too far from your skull, the most professional surgeries in iran can help reshape your ears and make them more proportionate.
2. Being bullied or teased because of the shape of your ears is not only common but also emotionally discouraging for both a child's and an adult's self-esteem. Bullying can be a significant factor behind disliking your own ears. This ear cosmetic surgery will help you and your child retrieve that lost confidence.
3. The surgery can restore the original shape of ear if it was injured during an accident
4. The surgery can help treat different types of defects in ear structure
5. The results are long-lasting while the surgery requires very little time, usually complete within a couple of hours.
Cons of Otoplasty1. Otoplasty involves complications like bleeding, cartilage infection, skin infection and prolonged pain.
2. The cosmetic surgery sometimes takes an extended healing time, especially for scars to fade away or if the patient has health problems such as diabetes.
3. There have been otoplasty cases where patients experienced permanent numbness of the face and ears.
4. The surgery majorly depends on the efforts and skills of the primary physician. If your chosen plastic surgeon is not professional and competent, you may face perilous side effects after surgery.
Different Types of Otoplasty Surgery in iran
For best results, an otoplasty should be done after the ears reach their full size, which normally happens by the age of 5 years.Surgery can remodel the cartilage to create the missing folds and position the ear closer to the head.
There are three main types of otoplasty:
Ear augmentation is needed if the pinna is underdeveloped or non-existent, known as microtia.
Otopexy, an ear pinback, "flattens" protruding ears.
Ear reduction can reduce the pinna when it is too big. When the ears are too large, this is called macrotia.
A plastic surgeon will normally carry out an otoplasty. Sometimes an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) surgeon or a pediatric surgeon will do it.
Top 4 Things You Have To Do Before Otoplasty
- Stop smoking for at least 1 week before surgery.
- Perform laboratory tests or clinical tests.
- Avoid taking aspirin pills, anti-inflammatory drugs and some herbal remedies that may increase bleeding during surgery.
- Take care of your skin.
Top 4 Things You Have To Do After Otoplasty
- Avoid touching or rubbing your ears.
- Don't panic if you see discharge coming out of your ear.
- Keep your head elevated for the couple of weeks.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure and extreme temperatures for about a month or two.
How much does otoplasty cost in iran?
The cost of cosmetic ear surgery varies between different doctors and different areas where this is done. And it depends on the surgeon's wages, hospital costs, medications , tests and the surgical procedure you are considering. But don't worry , Iran is the most affordable country for otoplasty and other cosmetic surgery with high-experienced surgeons and high-quality services. If you are interested in traveling and treatment in Iran, and wish to get a rapid assessment of what plastic surgery might be able to do for you, then you can call us and ask any questions you have.