Labiaplasty, or vulval surgery, is a surgical procedure that aims to reduce the size or correct the shape of the labia minora and majora. It is the most popular vaginal surgery and is in high demand.
Who are the best candidates for a labiaplasty in Iran?
- Are 18 years and older
- Are relatively fit and healthy
- Have a healthy BMI
- Have no serious health conditions
- Feel self-conscious about the size or shape of their labia
- Are unhappy with the appearance of their vaginal lips
- Have an overly large or misshapen labia
- Suffered from tears during childbirth that never fully resolved
- Are experiencing discomfort due to tugging or chaffing
- Are finding it difficult or painful to have sexual intercourse
- Cannot do certain activities such as cycling due to discomfort
The benefits of labiaplasty in Iran
In summary, if you are unhappy with the way your genitals look then you should not feel shame or embarrassment. Our patient care advisers in Iran will match you with a surgeon that will be able to meet your needs and help with your worries.
The surgery is usually performed under general anaesthesia. The labiaplasty surgery in iran takes between 1 to 2 hours and an overnight stay in the hospital is required. The protruding labia are cut down to normal size, following their natural line and all extra fat is taken out.
- Trim labiaplasty: It is the simplest quick and common type of labiaplasty performed where a strip of the excess labia tissue is clamped and removed. The 2 sides are then sutured. It has lower complication rates and recovery time is less.
- Wedge labiaplasty: The wedge method maintains the shape of the labia by making a v shaped or wedge shaped resection in the center of the labia. A small amount of excess tissue is removed. Advantage with this procedure is it maintains the natural labia borders and the scarring is less.
Z-plasty: This method is a modification of the wedge method and has similar indications.
De-epithelialization labiaplasty: This rarely used method reduces the depth of the incisions and helps maintain natural labia edges.
You should stock up on sanitary towels before coming into hospital. This is because you may experience some bleeding for the first few days postoperatively. These should be changed regularly.
Furthermore, you may be a little sore in the first few days after your operation. Because of this, many people find it more comfortable to wear loose baggy clothing after their operation. Therefore, you may wish to make sure you have plenty of comfortable clothing, particularly underwear and trousers.
You may be advised to sleep for the first few days with a pillow underneath your buttocks to elevate the pelvis. You may wish to get extra pillows in preparation for this.
The above are just some ideas of labiaplasty preparation tips. There may be other things that you may wish to do before coming into hospital. But the most important thing is for you to be able to rest and recover after surgery.
You may need to take some time off work to recover. It can take a couple of months for the skin to fully heal.During this time you need to:
- keep the area clean and free from infection
- wear loose underwear and clothes to prevent rubbing
- avoid sex for a few weeks
- use sanitary towels instead of tampons for a few weeks
Your surgeon would give you more specific advice that you should also follow.
What are the main risks of a labiaplasty?
The potential labiaplasty risks are very small. But, if they were to affect you it is vital that you notice that something is wrong and when to seek help.Some of the potential labiaplasty risks that may occur after surgery include:
- Infection: The signs to be aware of include: 1. A fever over 38° C
- Skin colour irregularities
2. Redness at the incision line, this may begin to spread into the skin around
3. Yellow pus-like or foul-smelling fluid from the wound or drain sites
4. An increase in pain or discomfort that your painkillers cannot resolve.
Although the results of your labiaplasty in Iran may be noticeable immediately following surgery, it may take up to 6 months for residual swelling to go down completely. Therefore, it may take up to this long for you to appreciate the full cosmetic results.
Scars tend to be pink and slightly raised in the first few weeks after surgery. Eventually, they will fade and be very light lines. To help with your scars healing, it is vital to listen to your surgeon’s post-operative instructions. This way you can achieve optimal results.
Cost of labia reduction surgery in Iran: The cost of labia reduction surgery in Iran starts from around $500 and varies according to the type of surgery, surgeon, the facility and city where you choose to get the surgery done.