What is a breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is also known as augmentation mammoplasty, or a “boob job.” It’s an elective cosmetic surgical procedure designed to enlarge or bring symmetry to your breasts.The implant type and size depends on several factors, such as how much bigger you want your breasts to be, your breast anatomy, skin thickness and elasticity, and body type.but it may also be performed for reconstructive reasons. In reconstructive surgery, implants are used to restore anatomy due to congenital, traumatic or post-cancer deformity.
For some women, breast augmentation is a way to feel more confident. For others, it's part of rebuilding the breast for various conditions.Breast implants can be used to:
- enlarge small breasts
- restore breast volume after weight reduction or pregnancy and breastfeeding
- even up asymmetric breasts
- reconstruct a breast after mastectomy or injury.
Who are candidates for breast augmentation?
Candidates for augmentation mammoplasty are people who simply want to increase the size of their breasts or those who have lost volume in their breasts due to a number of different reasons, which can include:
- weight loss (sometimes due to surgical weight loss procedures)
Other candidates for boob job include people who want to even out the balance of their physical proportions. For example, someone who has smaller breasts and wider hips may want to enlarge their breasts.
People who have asymmetrical breasts may also wish to even out the size of their breasts through augmentation. Other candidates include people whose breasts didn’t develop as expected.
A person must have fully developed breasts before augmentation can be performed.Because breasts can continue to develop until a woman reaches her late teens or early 20s, the FDA requires that women be at least 18 years old to get breast augmentation with saline-filled implants and at least 22 years old to receive silicone implants.
Before breast augmentation surgery, a no-fee consultation
Before performing breast augmentation surgery in Iran, we offer a no-fee consultation, lasting approximately 45-60 minutes. we thoroughly answer all of your questions so that you are completely comfortable before leaving the office. During this consultation, we typically:
- review your medical history
- discuss your goals and expectations
- perform an examination including breast measurements
- review the details of the procedure
- explain procedure options, including:
- saline vs. silicone implants
- round vs. teardrop shape implants
- incision location (above or below the muscle implant location)
- recovery time
- what your “new” breasts will look like post-surgery
8 important questions to ask your plastic surgeon before getting breast augmentation surgery in Iran
To help you decide which breast size would best suit your body and desired goals, we will ask you to bring photos to the consultation of women’s breast sizes that illustrate the results you’re looking for. we also have breast implant samples which you can insert into your bra to help you decide which breast size would best suit you.
During the pre-surgery consultation, it’s also very important for you to ask your surgeon questions. Here are some to keep in mind to ask:
1. Are breast implants safe?
2. Are you board certified and if so, by which board(s)?
3. What sort of facility do you operate in?
4. How experienced are you in performing breast augmentation?
5. Which is the best size implant for me?
6. How long does the surgery take?
7. How long is the recovery?
8. How long do implants last?
Are there any breast augmentation risks or side effects?
The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal and you will have to weigh the potential benefits in achieving your goals with the risks and potential complications of breast augmentation. Only you can make that decision for yourself.
The following complications occur in at least 1 percent of breast implant patients at any time. Some of these complications will require medical treatment or further surgery to correct them:
- asymmetry regarding shape, size, or level of the breasts
- pain in the nipple or breast area
- breast tissue atrophy, where the breast tissue loses its substance
- breast skin thinning and shrinking
- calcium deposits forming as hard lumps under the skin around the implant
- the scar tissue around an implant tightening, and the breast hardening
- a deformity of the chest wall or rib cage
- deflation due to a leak, tear, or cut
- the cut not healing properly
- skin breaking down to reveal the breast implant through the skin
- blood collecting near the surgical site, causing painful swelling and bruising
- the tissue or implant becoming damaged by the surgery
- infection, such as toxic shock syndrome
- swollen lymph nodes
- the implant incorrectly positioned in the breast
- skin or tissue death around the breast, usually due to infection
- a hole or tear forming in the implant
- buildup of fluid around the implant that can cause pain, swelling, and bruising
These risks will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It is important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
How you prepare for breast augmentation?
You'll consult with a plastic surgeon about your preferences for size, feel and appearance of your breasts. The surgeon will describe specific types of implants — smooth or textured, round or shaped like a teardrop, saline or silicone — as well as options for surgical techniques.
You might need a baseline mammogram before your surgery. Your doctor might adjust certain medications before the surgery as well. For example, it's important to avoid aspirin or other medications that can increase bleeding.
If you smoke, your surgeon will ask you to stop smoking for a time before the surgery.
How does a breast augmentation work?
Before surgery, the surgeon should help the patient choose the size of the implant needed. This may be done by putting different sized implants into a bra, to see how they feel.Breast augmentation surgery in Iran is usually performed under general anaesthetic, although some surgeons use a combination of local anaesthetic and sedation. All surgery must be performed within licensed and accredited facilities with a registered anaesthetist present to treat you for any adverse reaction you may have to the anaesthetic.Generally, breast augmentation involves:
- The surgeon makes an incision (cut). The location of the incision is decided with you beforehand, and depends on factors such as your physical makeup and scarring tendency, and the type and size of implant. The incision may be in the armpit (transaxillary), in the crease beneath the breast (inframammary) or around the areola (periareolar).
- The surgeon makes a pocket, either behind the pectoral (chest) muscle or in front of the pectoral muscle beneath the breast tissue.
- The implant is inserted into the pocket. Sometimes, the implant is already filled at the time of insertion. In other cases, the empty implant is inserted and filled (with saline) through a thin tube until the desired size is reached.
- All incisions are stitched and dressings are applied.
What should you do for breast augmentation recovery?Post-operation
During your breast augmentation recovery, your breasts will be wrapped in gauze dressings and an elastic bandage or support bra will minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal.
Immediately after waking from anesthesia, you will be taken into a recovery area for close monitoring and you will likely feel groggy and sore. It may feel a bit like a hangover, but these effects should wear off in a matter of hours.The first five to seven days
Typically, the first three to five days are the most uncomfortable. Your doctor will likely prescribe pain medication, and your surgeon may even recommend receiving a pain injection or pain pump to ease the discomfort for those first 72 hours.
You should wear your support garment (a bra or elastic band, called a bandeau) around the clock as instructed by your plastic surgeon. Some surgeons may ask patients cleanse the incision sites and apply ointment, while others will ask their patients to keep tape or a bandage on. Instructions vary, so it's important to follow all your plastic surgeon's directions carefully.
After the first few days, most women can manage postoperative discomfort with over-the-counter painkillers. In addition, a majority of women are able to return to desk jobs about a week following surgery.
How to achieve natural-looking breast augmentation results?
There is no concrete formula used to achieve natural-looking breast augmentation results as every woman is different. Instead, we will evaluate a variety of factors including your body type, the amount of natural breast tissue presents and your desired final breast size in order to craft the right treatment plan for your unique situation and we help you achieve results that will look and feel natural.
How much is breast augmentation cost?
How much breast implants cost depends on the location, doctor, and type of implant used.Typically, the average cost of breast augmentation surgery in Iran in the year 2019 is between $1500_2200 .Because it is a cosmetic procedure, health insurance usually doesn't cover breast augmentation.