Cochlear Implant in Iran
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted into the ear, to produce a sense of sound for patients who are deaf or have severe hearing problems.
Back to normal hearing may not make but they will be able to hear more clearly than past and environments filled with noise do not annoy them so have an improved understanding of speech. Most users can enjoy music or successfully take part in group communications, even in the most challenging listening situations.
Currently CI procedure developed very well in Iran .more than 1500 cochlear implants performed in Iran.
Candidate for cochlear implant are:
- Children with a severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss in both ears. Age at implantation may be as young as several months, depending on circumstances and local practices
- adults with severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss in both ears
- designed for who receive no benefit or little from hearing aids
Benefits of the ear implant:
- Without hearing aids you have Better hearing experience.
- Shift hearing range from no hearing to normal hearing or so.
- Enable you watch TV, enjoy music and involve in conversation without hesitation.
- Using cochlea implants will offer understand loud to soft sounds like the barking of dogs, ringing of telephones, etc.
Side-effects of cochlear implant (CI) surgery
- Implanted area can Infected.
- Changes in taste – The nerve that gives taste sensation to the tongue might be injured during the surgery because this nerve goes through the middle ear. This causes taste disorders.
- facial nerve s injury , Although the risk is so little it can include problems in move face muscles which can cause a temporary or continuous weakening or full paralysis on the same side of the face as the implant.
- Reparative granuloma (localized inflammation due to the autoimmune interactions)
Cochlear Implants Iran
- Iran, The first country in Asia and one of the first countries in the world performs this surgery by means of the most advanced technologies.
- 11 modern medical centers exist in Iran for implant surgeries
- The world’s best cochlear implant technology Available in a range of product According to patients need.
- Highly experienced Iranian specialists.
- Excellent service and support
- Low cost of cochlear implantation surgery in Iran
These reason are important factors for foreign patients who want to have such surgery in Iran.
How much does cochlear implants cost in IranThe last price depends on factors:
- Pre-Implant assessment
- Cochlea Implant Surgery procedure
- Surgery Follow-Up
- Aural Rehabilitation
- quality and Guaranty of device
How much in the world?
For example in Australia up to 30,000 Australian dollars, In the U.S. up to $50,000.
Because of this little price in Iran, each year many patients from these countries travel to Iran to benefit from satisfactory prices of cochlear implant surgeries.