Undoubtedly, Iran has proved to be one of the top countries for medical tourism. Iran, particularly, has witnessed a sporadic development of health centers offering orthopedic surgeries at very affordable rates.
Most orthopedic centers in Iran are highly equipped to perform surgical operations for joint replacement, knee replacement, ankle replacement, and hip replacement. Iran already accounts for a sizable chunk of doctor’s populace all around the globe and is rapidly developing the infrastructure to provide world leading medical facilities.
Iran,The correct destination
All of your expectations are lived up as a perfect medical tourism destination. World-class hospital and medical centers, expert medical staff and surgeons, affordable prices and high quality services are the simple thing you need. All these positive matters in consideration of regular flights to all around the world, touristic facilities and amazing attractions, make Iran as the best medical tourism destination. Let’s check it out together and invite you to Iran. All patients must understand that surgery is an art and a science. Cosmetic surgical procedures have been repeated successfully countless times and are dependable when executed by skillful, experienced surgeons that I can assure you Iranian physicians are some of the most qualified in this field. ISPAS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) 2016 report (which only includes official surgeries statistics) shows Iran is in the top four countries performing rhinoplasty. Iran has the highest rate of rhinoplasty per person; about 1% of the world’s population resides in Iran while more than 4% of worldwide rhinoplasty are performing here and it’s growing.
All of your expectations are lived up as a perfect medical tourism destination. World-class hospital and medical centers, expert medical staff and surgeons, affordable prices and high quality services are the simple thing you need. All these positive matters in consideration of regular flights to all around the world, touristic facilities and amazing attractions, make Iran as the best medical tourism destination. Let’s check it out together and invite you to Iran.
Mediranco is a brand that you can trust
We accompany and support you in all steps. free consultation, visa facilities, accommodation and after operation follow up are some of our services for patients who trust us. We prepare multilingual support center to help you in proper language and complete transfer reach all locations that you need easily. We fulfill your needs proudly. Mediranco is a brand that you can trust. We cooperate with medical qualified professionals to ensure that our patients experience the highest quality service possible. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do and as a result, we’ve formed a carefully designed patient journey to ensure that each client who walks through our doors is treated with the best care available. We only cooperate with high-quality, internationally accredited clinics and hospitals in Iran, ensuring the quality of care before, during and after your treatment regardless of the procedure you’ll be undergoing. We do our best for you to be healthy at first and enjoyable travel to the beautiful Iran, we prepare all facilities to be comfortable and relax.
We accompany and support you in all steps. free consultation, visa facilities, accommodation and after operation follow up are some of our services for patients who trust us. We prepare multilingual support center to help you in proper language and complete transfer reach all locations that you need easily. We cooperate with medical qualified professionals to ensure that our patients experience the highest quality service possible. We fulfill your needs proudly.
Overview of Ankle Replacement in Iran
Ankle replacement in Iran is a popular surgical procedure opted by thousands of people every year from around the world. Numerous patients from abroad who have been advised ankle replacement prefer to come to Iran to undergo the treatment at some of the best hospitals.
Total ankle replacement (also called ankle arthroplasty) is a surgical option for patients with arthritis of the ankle. This operation in iran can relieve pain and maintain motion in the arthritic ankle joint. Arthritis can affect joints, over time, the smooth cartilage on the surface of the bones wears away. This can result in pain, inflammation, and swelling of the joints. Ankle replacement surgery in iran is a procedure to replace this damaged joint to eliminate this pain and swelling for a long time. Arthritis does not have any kind of full treatment; all kinds of medications and procedures are just temporary and can just slow it down. But surgery can be the last (and maybe permanent) solution for this painful problem.The type of surgery that’s right for you depends on your age, your level of activity, and the severity of your joint damage or deformity. Severely damaged ankle joints may need to have the bones fused together or even replaced with an artificial joint.
Ankle replacement might not be a good choice if you:
- Are younger than 50
- Have weakened ankle ligaments
- Participate in high-impact sports or work
- Have misaligned ankle bones
- Are significantly overweight
- Have nerve damage from diabetes
- Are a heavy smoker
Ankle replacement surgery in iran is most often done while you are under general anesthesia. This means you will be asleep and not feel the pain.
You may have spinal anesthesia. You can be awake but will not feel anything below your waist. If you have spinal anesthesia, you will also be given medicine to help you relax during the operation.
Your professional surgeon in iran will make a surgical cut in the front of your ankle to expose the ankle joint. Your surgeon will then gently push the tendons, nerves, and blood vessels to the side. After this, your surgeon will remove the damaged bone and cartilage.
Your surgeon will remove the damaged part of:
- The lower end of your shin bone (tibia).
- The top of your foot bone (talus) that the leg bones rest on.
The metal parts of the new artificial joint are then attached to the cut bony surfaces. A special glue/bone cement may be used to hold them in place. A piece of plastic is inserted between the two metal parts. Screws may be placed to stabilize your ankle.
What happens after ankle replacement surgery in iran?
- Your leg will be numb for up to 18 hours during and after surgery. After that, you might feel some pain, but you’ll get relief from medicine that you take by mouth and through an IV. A dressing will cover the incision. You’ll wear a splint that’s hard in the back and soft in the front. It gives your ankle room to swell and protects you from injury.
- Your medical team in iran will ask you to get up and start moving as soon as you can. You’ll need to use crutches or a walker, because you have to keep your weight off your new ankle for the next 4-6 weeks or so.
- You’ll probably stay in the hospital for 2 to 3 days. You can leave once your pain is under control and you can get around safely with crutches or a walker.Your healthcare provider in iran will give you instructions about how to move your foot while you recover.Either you’ll go hotel or get sent to a rehab center, where you’ll learn how to get back to your normal activities.
- Take the medicine your doctor prescribed to relieve pain. If it’s mild, you can use an over-the-counter drug such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
- It may be helpful to rest and elevate your leg for the first week or so after your surgery. You won’t be able to put your full weight on your foot for a few months.When lying down, put pillows under your leg to keep it raised above your heart, which cuts swelling and helps the wound heal.Call your doctor if your pain is severe or you have chills, a fever above 101 F, or bad-smelling green or yellow liquid draining from the wound. Also report any new swelling or any numbness right away.
- You might need physical therapy for a few months to help you maintain your strength and range of motion. It may be several months before you can return to your previous activities.Carefully following your healthcare provider’s instructions about rehabilitation, medicines, and wound care should increase your chances of a positive outcome.
What are the risks of ankle replacement surgery?
Ankle replacement surgery in iran is very successful in most cases, but it does have some risks. These include:
- Damage to nearby nerves
- Blood clot
- The bones not joining together properly
- Misalignment of the bones
- New arthritis in neighboring joints
- Loosening of the artificial components, which might eventually need a follow-up surgery
- Wearing out of the components
Your own risk of complications may vary according to your age and your other medical conditions. For example, if you are a smoker or if you have low bone density, you may have an increased risk of certain complications. People with poorly controlled diabetes may also have an increased risk. Talk with your healthcare provider in iran about all your concerns, including the risks most relevant to you.